Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Emily of New Moon

Now that we're in the middle of summer, I'm caving. Little by little. In the middle of the day, at the peak point of the heat, we're watching TV. But I'm trying, to at least make our TV watching, somewhat educational. I don't want people to think that I'm mindlessly putting my kids in front of the TV.

No, as a family, we sit and watch. So maybe Ethan is not too keen on some of the shows. Like Sesame Street, Dinosaur Train, or Clifford the Big Red Dog. But I've let all of my kids, pick one show to watch. And that's what we watch.

I was a bit surprised by Madelyn's choice. It seemed a little more mature, than what I thought she'd go for. Just my thoughts there. But Madelyn is such a fan of Emily of New Moon. It reminds me so much of Anne of Green Gables.



This year, Lola sent the entire book series, of Anne of Green Gables, to Madelyn, for her birthday. That's after Daniella got her set. And Madelyn wanted to read all of her sisters' books. See Lola values reading just as much as we do. And we're super glad about that!

Madelyn watches this show like no other! In fact, all of my kids enjoy it. Don't tell Ethan that I said so. But we sit there for 60 minutes, every day, and watch. It really is a cute series. Completely reminds me of the PBS Anne of Green Gables.

What a darling show! Patrick and I are already getting some ideas. For Christmas presents. We're thinking of getting our girls the entire series of Emily of New Moon and Anne of Green Gables. 2 really sweet series. That I'm so glad my kids enjoy. They're learning about a much simpler time. And I LOVE it! 

No comments: