Friday, August 12, 2011

Five Question Friday #11


Mama M has taken the week off. To enjoy her family. I totally understand. But I was still craving something to blog about. So I dug through her older posts. Since I've only been blogging for a short time, I haven't done all of the Five Question Fridays. I found the Five Question Friday from a year ago. Sounds good to me. So here we go.

1. Have you ever visited another country? Yes. Canada, France, and Mexico. When I was growing up, my family would visit Mexico at least once a month. We lived going to TJ! As an adult, I've also done some traveling. Patrick and I went to Paris 4 1/2 years ago. We also lived along the border for years. We would venture across, many times. Oh, and a handful of times, we ventured to Canada. When I was in medical school. It wasn't that far away.

2. Where is the strangest place you have ever been? Once, when I was young, we went to TJ. It wasn't that far from where I grew up. Our family went with another family. We were all really close. They knew exactly where to go. All the great places to shop and eat. Except dinner. We ended up in this little restaurant. It was underground. And so weird! The food was good. But it just felt odd. Like we were in an "old school restaurant/bar." It felt like, at any second, some "old school gangsters" would come barreling in. It was just odd.

3. What is your favorite season? Hands down, Fall! I LOVE everything about it. The rich colors, yummy smells, the beautiful and changing leaves, the comforting food. Everything just makes me happy, when I think of Fall. I yearn for fall to start every year. I can't wait to pull out my Crockpot to make yummy meals. And bake. The holidays excite me. And there is also the wonderful cool weather. Which means scarves, sweaters, and boots are going to be worn. :)

4. What one song will always cheer you up? Tough. There are so many songs that I love. But "You Are My Sunshine" always puts a smile on my face. It reminds me of being a little girl. When both my grandma, and my mom would sing it to me. Later, when I'd had a tough day at work, my hubby would sing it to me. And now, we sing it to our kids. And early some mornings, they stand by our bed, and sing. Until we wake up. Yes, this is just one of those happy songs. Filled with lots of memories.

5. What Disney character do you resemble most? Most resemble? Belle. If she was a little darker. Why isn't there a Hispanic Inspired Princess? Who am I most like? Goofy, Thumper, or even Dumbo. hehe

No comments: