Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Question Friday #25


Well, it's Friday. And all I have to say is, thank goodness! It's been one of those crazy, busy weeks. I'm personally, looking forward to just hanging out with my family this weekend. One phenomenal thing happened this week. Our friend Hillary, and her darling baby girl got to come home this week. On Monday. Patrick and I, got to be part of the team that brought them home. We were so happy! Both are well, on their way to recovery. It's such a blessing.

Then we had all those crazy storms this week. I just wanted to get my hubby, and our kiddos, and hide out! We got through the storms. No injury to us, or our home. We are very blessed. And praying, for all of those, who were directly touched by the storms.

Yes, it's been one crazy week. But there is always good, among the chaos. My kiddos have been extra loving this week. We're getting ready for family. They're coming to visit next week, for Thanksgiving. Can you imagine? Thanksgiving is in less than a week! And I get the honor of hanging out with this amazing lady, for a day or 2, this weekend. Daniella and I are super excited! I guess I should get started on this week's Five Question Friday.

1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood? That's tough. I have a few songs that I love. But now that I have kids, "You Are My Sunshine" always brings a smile to my face. All 4 of my kids, just love to sing it. :) I've also been known to turn up "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." You know, as I'm cruising home, from a fun day.

2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one? For years, Patrick and I could barely afford life. And until Ethan was born, we had a little 3 foot fake tree. We actually still have it! When we started to make a little money, and had a sweet baby boy, we decided on a few things. One being, we'd always have a real Christmas tree for our kids. And I have to say this, I LOVE it! I just adore the smell. The tradition. Both Patrick and I grew up with real Christmas trees.

3. What are you thankful for? I'm thankful for my family. And their health. We had a scare this week. With the weather. And it put things into perspective for me. I've watched my friend, and everything she's been dealing with. I'm just grateful, that my family is happy, healthy, and well taken care of. We have food on our table, and a roof over our heads. And so much love. What else could we ask for?

4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today? I'm a big fan of the 1940-1950s fashion. I'd love to dress like that. In those gorgeous dresses, that women wore all the time.With the cute hats. And even the aprons. It just seemed like such a glamorous time. Can we go back?

5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank? My hubby takes care of it. But we try to not let it go under half a tank. I think our insecurities from our "poor days," still drive certain things in our life. Like keeping our gas tanks full. I still remember counting pennies, to fill up our little car. Just to get to the hospital. I'm telling you, I've lived on both sides. And I'll never forget those feelings.

No comments: