Monday, June 6, 2011

A Need to Clean

All of a sudden, I have this need to clean. More like a passion to clean. But you get my point. And no, I'm not pregnant. I just want our house to be squeaky clean. With 4 kids, and 2 dogs, it's tough to keep this house spotless. But I do try.

Something about today, had me in a panic. An honest to God, panic! I don't know why. But it lead to a trip to Target. Where I bought $80 worth of cleaning supplies. Logan, Daniella, and I went out to lunch. And I about cried tears of joy, when the both fell asleep, on the ride home.

I managed to get them into their beds. Without waking them up. And I spent 2 uninterrupted hours, scrubbing away. Cinderella style, I was scrubbing the floor in the kitchen. I completely cleaned out the cabinets. Worked my way into the bathrooms. And finished today with tackling "Mud Room." I've got to finish that tomorrow.


I didn't stop there. While waiting for Ethan and Madelyn to get out of school, I called to make some appointments. I called to have someone come clean our windows, shampoo our carpet, and power wash our driveway and patio. There are just some things I can't do.

Part of my "frenzied cleaning," might be, because my kids are almost out of school. In a few weeks, I will have 4 kids at home. All day long! We'll probably add in some friends too. You know, because I want my kids to enjoy their summer. 

I know when this happens, I'm going to get little done. My house is going to be turned upside down. Maybe this is just in preparation to that. To ready myself for the chaos that is, life with 4 kids. Patrick got home tonight, and was surprised. I'm serious, our house is in the middle of a complete "shake down." I'm not going to leave anything undone. Does anyone ever do this? Or am I just strange?

No comments: