Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweet Peonies

I have a little confession here. I'm not a great gardener. Usually, I go out and buy flats of flowers.You know, already blooming. Plant them, and pray that they last longer than 2 months. My husband, he's in charge of our garden. Which always has yummy veggies, berries, melons, and herbs. Patrick always tells me, the flowers are my responsibility. And with his work schedule, I know they have to be. I'm still amazed at how he keeps our garden going.

I will admit this, I've always dreamt of a beautiful, lush flower garden. I've wanted our backyard to feel yummy. And so full! Well, we have a gardener that comes in. He keeps the grass looking gorgeous, and the trees trimmed nicely. But the flowers, I've never asked him to go there.

I can't lie. I dream of roses, peonies, lilies, and hydrangeas. All the flowers just like that. I'd also love a few fruit trees. I dream of these things. Of sitting outside, surrounded by this beauty. But I have no clue how to start. I know what I like. Actually, I've had a list going for a few years. Of things I absolutely love. My list is quickly growing. Right on top of my list, is lots of beautiful peonies. Just like these...


I finally asked our gardener where to begin. I'm going to start getting some lessons. Learning lots of tips and tricks. Because I want gorgeous flowers. We're going to start, with just a few things this year. 3 peony plants, and a peach tree. Yum! I can't wait to begin! All I can think about, is beautiful pink peonies.

No comments: