Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Question Friday #9


Around here, life has been really good. We're living in the pool. At least until 11 every morning. Then we head inside for lunch, naps, and a little TV time. You know, to stay out of the ridiculous heat. As the evening approaches, we head back out. We've been grilling, and swimming every evening. Yes, this summer is turning out to be a very good one! How about yours? Before it gets too late, I better get my Five Questions Friday posted. :)

1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yay or nay? I'm from the school of, "If it's not broke, don't fix it." I feel as though, unless you and your spouse have made it through a serious situation, it's just not necessary. But if there have some serious marital issues, and as a couple, you've made it past all that, a renewal is a nice way to start the next chapter. A good way, to start the next chapter of a struggling marriage, might be with a new commitment. Or say, if you've made it to 50 years. Now that's a real reason to celebrate. But for people who have renewals every few years, I just don't get it. Is your commitment that weak, that you have to constantly renew it? I'm not trying to judge here, I just don't understand.  

2. What sound/s annoy you the most? Nails on a chalkboard, the "Woo-hoo" yells that these moms around here do, and parents screaming at their kids. I just don't get that. Why do you have kids, if you can't respect them?

3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids? I don't think I could choose. We have 2 boys, and 2 girls. And because we had boy-girl-boy-girl, I honestly don't know if I would prefer one over the other. I was deeply in love with Ethan, to really notice if it was the fact that I was a mom, or that he was a little boy, that made me happiest. Know what I mean? When Madelyn was born, I was just in love with my kiddos. With Logan, he just excited me. And now with Daniella, well she is just so girly. Such a gentle spirit. I don't think that I could pick. There are things that I enjoy about the boys. And then, there are things I enjoy about the girls. Ask me again in 8 years. When I'll have 2 teens. Yikes!

4. Do you believe in alternative medicine? I do. I believe western medicine is so good, for many things. And to prevent many diseases. But eastern medicine, or alternative medicine, can also be so useful. My hubs is one to use alternative medicine when he gets sick. It's only when he can't "shake" a cold, or the flu, that he'll turn to western medicine. I think it depends on the situation. But both are so useful.

5. Would you take a family member's children and raise them if they needed it? Yes, in a heartbeat. I don't think Patrick or I would even second guess it. We're now in a situation, were we are easily taking care of our kids. And we still could care for other children. I have the ability to completely stop working, to take care of more little ones. And because of Patrick's job, financially, we could handle it. All without taking from our kids. But adding to their lives.

No comments: