Friday, September 9, 2011

Five Question Friday #15


I can already feel it. This weekend is going to be an emotional one. 10 years ago, I sat on the floor, and watched hours and hours of 9/11 coverage. Lately, I've been watching all the specials that I can find. Only while my kids sleep. But still. I feel like I'm reliving those days again. I'm going to try and keep busy this weekend. Keep my TV watching to a minimum. And show my kids how to be patriotic. In the end, I can never forget that day. That time. And I never want to forget it either. I better move onto this week's Five Question Friday. I'm starting to get too emotional around here.

1. What ringtone do you have on your cell phone? Long Hot Summer. I'm really loving that song right now. Usually I have the regular "ring." You know, the default. But my hubs downloaded this amazing one for me. :)

2. What is your favorite memory from this summer? Just recently, we met Patrick for a picnic lunch. We met at the hospital. And we all walked to a local park. For 2 hours, we just enjoyed the summer evening. And Patrick. We couldn't have asked for a better evening. Dinner was amazing! And we got a lot of time, to play with our kids. It was a great way to spend a summer evening. Family time!

3. Paper books or ebooks? Definitely paper books! I do have a Kindle. But there is just something about holding a book. Especially a really good book. When you fold down the corners of the book, to save your place. Or for my kids, when we all snuggle up to read. I really enjoy that. And getting to look at all the amazing pictures. Yes, we like paper books around here.

4. If you could have one home upgrade what would it be and why? That's tough. We have a relatively new house. With everything, that we had really ever dreamt of. But if I had to pick something, I'd like a really fun and interesting family room, on our basement level. I think as the kids get older, it would be nice to have an area of the house, for them to hangout. Especially when their friends are over. A place with fun games, a TV, a small fridge. Something cool like that. Heck, it would be nice now. When I'm trying to do something, I could send Patrick and the kids down there. :)

5. When was your first serious boyfriend/girlfriend? I was in high school. I dated the same guy, the entire time I went to school. I really thought he was my "forever love." But then, we turned 18, and headed off to different colleges. Honestly, after the 1st semester away, we never talked to one another. We just drifted apart. Crazy!

No comments: