Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Miss...

Last month, I spent some time with my friend Hillary. And her beautiful baby girl. In a few short seconds, I fell in love, with this sweet baby girl. And within minutes, I missed having a baby at home.


I miss the sweet baby smells. All the cuddling. The baby coos. I miss those delicious, half sleepy smiles. I miss late night feeds. Time talking, when the house is fast asleep. I miss sweet fingers tightly holding onto my fingers. I miss itty bittie clothes on laundry day. I miss sweet lullabies. I miss tiny toes to kiss. And silly baby hair to comb.

Yes, I miss having a baby in the house. Our baby is now 2 1/2 years old! Where did all the time go? Almost 8 years ago, I became a mommy. I never realized how quickly the years would fly by. And how sad I'd be, when I could no longer have a sweet baby to hold.

I miss my babies, being babies. But I'm so happy to watch them grow. Something about this trip, just made me think, I'm never going to have babies again. I can't lie, it makes my heart ache. There's just something about a sweet baby. In about twenty years, I'll happily welcome some sweet grand babies.

No comments: