Monday, October 10, 2011

Dr. Hart

Let me start off by saying, we don't watch a lot of TV in our house. It was never a rule. We just had other things, to fill our time with. Mostly, we like to play games, read as a family, and be outside. Even before Patrick and I had kids, we weren't much of TV people. Probably because when we weren't studying or working, we were trying to catch a few ZZZ's. Life as an MD,  guess.

Recently, while I was waiting at my kids' school, one of the other moms came running to my car. I was a little nervous. Was I parked somewhere I wasn't supposed to be? Was something wrong with one of my kids? Why was this lady running so quickly?

Well, all was well. This other mom just wanted to talk about TV stuff. Like, was I watching "Hart of Dixie?" Nope. I hadn't even heard of it. What is this show about? I'm thinking, it has to do with the South. Hello, Dixie! But as this other mom kept talking, I instantly knew why she thought I should be watching it. It's about a doctor. A young doctor.

Somehow, all these people, think I should be watching all TV shows, about doctors. Yes, I'm an MD. Married to another MD. But honestly, I don't watch every doctor show out there. In fact, I don't watch much TV at all. But I thought I'd give it a try. So I asked what channel it came out on. She said the CW. I almost wanted to laugh. ALMOST! You see, I've never watched a show on the CW. I just figured it was a channel, targeted at teens.

Tonight, I gave it a try. Honesty, it was pretty funny. Now that we live in the South, I understand a lot of this show. Something, a few years ago, I didn't know anything about. I probaby wouldn't have understood some of the jokes. But you know what, it was funny! And when Patrick got home, I was cracking up.



You see, I save my TV watching, until after our kids go to bed. After I watched the 1st episode, I immediately wanted to watch the rest. I'm saving the episodes that I'vee missed, for later this week. But honestly, give it a try. If nothing else, you get to laugh a little, and forget about "real life." Next Monday, I'll definitely be watching Dr. Hart again.

No comments: