Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lash Out Loud

I've mentioned this a few times on here, I enjoy makeup. I'm not very talented, in makeup application. But I try. When I was a teen, I yearned for makeup. To be able to buy it, and wear it. My parents were strict about it. Finally they gave into my constant pestering. If I could afford it, I could wear it. This jump started my work ethic!

My first purchase was Maybelline Great Lash. And some random lipstick and lipgloss. Did you notice that? I remember the mascara. But the lip products, not so much! I honestly wore Great Lash mascara until after my first daughter was born. I'm not lying!

I don't know what it is. Great Lash was my favorite! It never failed me. Not once! And I stuck to it. Later, I got into Max Factor 2000 Calorie. That was such a miracle worker! And I owe that tidbit, of makeup knowledge, to Lola. Who bought me, my first tube. Unfortunately, Max Factor picked up, and moved across the pond. I was on the search for another perfect mascara.

I'm going to get honest here. I'm a little bit of a cheapskate. Who wants to spend $20-25, every other month, for mascara? Not me! I'd rather save that money to buy a good moisturizer, or perfume. Not mascara. For the last few years, I've been trying out all kinds of mascara. I'm pretty sure, I've tried every mascara at the drugstore.

Covergirl's Lash Blast is what I've settled on. I liked the look of my lashes. It's waterproof. Without killing my lashes! And I have that full look. I liked it. But I wasn't "In Love with It." Do you know what I mean? In steps in my friend, Manders. She introduced me to Maybelline's new mascara, Lash Out Loud.


When I found out about Lash Out Loud, I had to go out and buy it. Immediately. And I was instantly in love! I'm not lying. On our way home, after a long day, I had Patrick stop at CVS. With 4 sleeping kids in the car, I raced in. Bought 2 tubes. I just knew that I'd love it. I've been using this mascara for almost 2 weeks now. I haven't found anything, that I don't like about it. That funny shaped brush, well it does wonders for your lashes!

You might wonder, why I'm so passionate about my mascara. The truth is, my daily makeup includes mascara and lipgloss. That's it. I run errands like this, take the kids to school, go shopping, pick up my kids,  etc. Don't tell my wonderful Mother-in-Law. She's such a lady. And believes passionately, that a woman should get all dressed up, have her makeup done, and her hair looks amazing. Every time you leave the house. Her daughter-in-law, well rarely gets all done up. For those every day type of things. But you can guarantee, I'll be reaching for this pink and green tube, for a very long time!

2 comments:

Onlythemanager said...

I also reach for the pink and green tube. I have a new job as a hospice nurse so now I have to be careful to always make sure it is a waterproof version.

Brooke said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, that pink and green tube gets me every time. You must have a huge heart to be a hospice nurse. A tough, but rewarding job, I'm sure. Waterproof is definitey necessary.