Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Question Friday #21


Friday already? This week is flying by. Probably because I've been so busy. I feel like I just can't get on top of things. Around here anyway. But I'm hopeful. And so ready for the weekend! Not that it's going to be slow going. No, it's going to be crazy busy! But Patrick will be home. And I won't feel so bad, for working on all this fundraising stuff. While our kiddos watch movies. Time for some Five Question Friday. You know, before I fall back asleep. And forget about all my responsibilities. Know what I mean?

1. Where do you escape to when you've had enough? Escape? That rarely ever happens. But we have a small room, at the top of our house. Like an attic reading nook, type of a place. Patrick and I have put a comfy couch, an amazing chair, a small TV, radio, and lots of books in there. And when one of us needs a break, we tell the other, "I'm going to visit heaven." Maybe we're up there an hour or so, while the other handles the house and kiddos. But it's the perfect place to unwind. You feel like you're a million miles away. In reality, you're just a few feet away from the family. Our kids have no idea about this space...

2. What shows are you watching this fall? Which I'm I not watching? Literally, I'm losing sleep over these new shows. And the old ones of course! I try not to watch TV, when my kids are awake. But I'm loving Mike and Molly, 2 Broke Girls, Hart of Dixie, Unforgettable, New Girl, Raising Hope, Glee, Revenge, Suburgatory, The Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, The Secret Circle, and Bones. Man, you'd think I didn't do anything else. But I definitely don't see every episode. Many times, I watch weeks late. But these are some good shows.

3. What was the longest roadtrip you've ever taken and where did you go? That's easy. When I moved to go to college. Southern California to Boston. After that trip, I didn't drive for at least a month! It was a beautiful drive! Except that we drove, for at least 18 hours at a time. In a cramped car, stuffed with all my stuff. But if I had to do it again, I would. In a heartbeat!

4. Do you plan on taking your kids to Disney World? We took them this summer. We went on a Disney Cruise, and spent some time exploring Disney World and all of Florida's fun stuff! Maybe in 5 years, we'll get to go again.

5. What is something people would surprised to know about you? I'm really hard on myself. I have so many patients for other people. Especially my kiddos and hubby. But I'm very short with myself. I almost can't handle it, when I'm not good at something. Or I fail at something. I really beat myself up about it. Crazy! Since I'm such an "easy going person."

No comments: