Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Question Friday #20


We're planning on a busy weekend. I'm just crossing my fingers, that Logan is up for it. He's been under the weather, for about a week now. But he was feeling much better yesterday. What does our weekend look like? Some fun race stuff today, and tomorrow.

Then Sunday, we're getting a babysitter. Patrick and I are going out for a fun Date Night. Our friends, from the southwest, are performing a show. It should be a blast! I can't wait to see Lola perform! A total bonus, it's for charity. This should be a good time. Honestly I'm so excited. Patrick and I don't have a lot of Date Nights. Especially ones were we dress up. In all sorts of ways, this is going to be a good evening.

Before I go crazy, or we're late, I better get moving on my day. Patrick took the day off. Our older kids even had the day off of school. See sometimes, the universe works for us, to have some family fun. OK, enough chatter. Here's this week's Five Question Friday.

1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone? In a bowl, with lots of toppings! Yum. That sounds really good right now. Don't forget the cherries on top!

2. What three things do you love the smell of? Fresh roasted green chili, roasted corn on the cob, and a freshly baked cheesecake. You'd think I was hungry or something... None food related smells, a fresh cut Christmas tree, fresh cut grass, and sweet newborn babies. That need to bottle up the newborn baby smell. I miss it!

3. Giftcards or no? (In regards to gift giving...) It depends. For kids, I like to give gifts. I love to see them rip open the wrapping paper. I also like to give gifts to close friends and family. But you know, there are those tough people. I think it's good to give them giftcards. Or people that you really don't know. Ya, sometimes, giftcards are just necessary. But I really don't like to give them out.

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them? I played volleyball and soccer for years. As a kid. Before high school. By the time I got to high school, I joined the Dance Team. Equally as fun. But I do regret not playing sports in high school. I played some soccer in college, on a co-ed team. But that was too violent for me. I don't play sports anymore. But I do workout now. Something I didn't do before.

5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play? In elementary and middle school, I played the flute. Again, I'm not sure what happened. I went to high school, and I didn't join the band. I was more focused on academic stuff. Which made my parents happy. So they didn't push me to continue with the music stuff. They knew I wanted to be a doctor. The Dance Team was the only other thing I did, besides academic stuff, in high school.

4 comments:

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

Hi! I am Lauren from Souls to Squeeze stopping by from 5QF! :o) I, too, put Christmas trees as one of my favorite smells. LOVE IT! :o)

Sarann said...

I am stopping by from 5QF, now a new follower. I read your post about working your way up and that is very motivational.

Brooke said...

Hi Lauren! I'm glad you stopped by. In my opinion, nothing is better than the scent of Christmas trees. And I'm definitely going to be stopping by your blog. :)

Brooke said...

Hi Sarann! I'm glad you stopped by. I'll be stopping by your blog soon too! Thank you for your comment. It's been a tough journey, but well worth it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading all about it.